Rachel L. Hawrylo is an attorney at Christenson & Fiederlein, PC where she practices bankruptcy, landlord/tenant, debt collection, business, and general civil litigation. Prior to joining Christenson & Fiederlein, Rachel represented debtors in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases and consumers in Fair Debt Collection Practices Act cases. Rachel is a member of the American Centennial Inns of Court, Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, and the Genesee County Bar Association where she serves on the bankruptcy committee.
Rachel graduated Cum Laude from Thomas Jefferson School of Law in San Diego, California where she received both the Witkin Award, CALI Award, American Jurisprudence, and Jefferson Medal for Property I and Insurance Law and also earned the Thomas Jefferson School of Law Dean’s Scholarship. During law school, Rachel worked as a research assistant for the chair of the Legal Writing Department.
Rachel earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with a major in Economics and a minor in legal studies from Central Michigan University in Mount Pleasant, Michigan where she was the recipient of the Central Michigan University Board of Trustee’s Scholarship. In the past, Rachel served as an adjunct professor at her alma mater, Central Michigan University, where she taught Regulatory Law and the Legal Environment of Business to undergraduate students.
Rachel is licensed to practice in Michigan, California, the Eastern District of Michigan and the Southern District of California.
Licensed to practice
- State of Michigan (since 2012)
- State of California (since 2008)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of California
- Central Michigan University (Graduated 2004) - Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a major in Economics and minor in Legal Studies. Earned the Board of Trustee's Scholarship
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law in San Diego, CA (Graduated May 2008) - Dean's Scholarship, Witkin Award for Academic Excellence, American Jurisprudence Award, and Jefferson Medal in Property and Insurance Law
- Consumer Bankruptcy Assocaition
- American Inns of Court
- Genesee County Bar Association where also serve as Bankruptcy Committee Member
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Consumer law
- Debt collection
Former Adjunct professor of Regulatory Law and the Legal Environment of Business for undergraduate students at Central Michigan University