Flint Title Ownership Dispute Lawyer
Resolving Title Ownership Disputes in Flint
If you are buying or selling a piece of property, there are certain guidelines you must follow for the transaction. In most cases, you will be working with a real estate agent or individual who can guide you through the process. However, if a dispute arises in regard to title ownership, you need to hire a Flint real estate attorney.
Title Dispute Matters We Represent
A title dispute involves a legal battle about who actually holds the title to any piece of property. Most real estate purchases involve a significant amount of money. That being said, a dispute over ownership can be extremely sensitive and quickly become heated. This is especially true in cases where personal attachment or inheritance is involved.
The most common types of real estate title ownership disputes include:
- Family ownership disputes
- Technical property ownership disputes
- Property transfers due to improper control
Understanding Title Ownership
When it comes to real estate, title refers to the document listing the legal owner of a real property. A title must be transferred when you sell the property. The title must also be transferred free or liens and other attachments that can call ownership into question. A title search is often done for determining legal ownership and property claims.
The most common title ownership types include:
- Sole Ownership - A single person owns a property.
- Joint Tenancy - Two or more persons share equal ownership of a property. While common with spouses, joint tenants do not need to be married.
- Tenancy in Common - Tenants share undivided interests in the property, and owners can hold different percentages of interest.
- Community Property - A type of title ownership specific to married couples in certain states. Michigan is not a community property state, but owning property in such a state can still affect title disputes in Michigan.
Different forms of ownership convey different benefits, and come with their own legal challenges. Whether you're a buyer or seller, it is vital to get legal advice from an experienced attorney for title dispute matters.
At CFlegal, PC., we are highly experienced in the field of real estate law and litigation. Reach out to our Flint law firm today at (810) 292-3115 for a free consultation!
When making a decision about buying land or property, you should have clear documentation about who owns it. However, the topic of title ownership is not a simple matter as you might think. A qualified Flint attorney from our firm can handle any real estate disputes which may have arisen. We can also work with you to prevent a problem.
Consulting with a lawyer may give you the answers you are looking for. If you need of an experienced, professional, and aggressive real estate litigation lawyer from Genesee County, call CFlegal, PC..
Over 40 Years of Experience
Skilled Local Representation