Criminal Defense Attorney in Flint, MI
Aggressive Representation After an Arrest in Genesee County, Michigan
After being arrested in Genesee County, law enforcement will likely ask you questions and throw around accusations. You may be tempted to defend yourself or answer their inquiries. However, it is important to not answer any questions until you retain competent legal counsel from a criminal defense attorney in Flint, MI.
Choose Our Criminal Defense Attorneys in Flint, MI
At our Flint law firm, our criminal attorneys understand the complications and stress involved with any criminal case. From misdemeanors to major felonies, the experienced criminal defense lawyers at CFlegal, PC. defend clients throughout Flint and Genesee County.
What is Considered a Criminal Case?
A Criminal case is a lawsuit that is brought by the state against a person who has broken a criminal law.
Our Areas of Expertise in Michigan Criminal Law
The consequences you face depend on the details involved with the alleged crime. This is true whether you are convicted of a felony or misdemeanor. Most convictions bring with them serious penalties that can include jail time, substantial fines, and more.
We provide legal defense for the following cases:
- Sex crimes: A sex crime conviction comes with harsh consequences, including registration on the sex offender registry. Reach out to our Flint lawyers as soon as possible to start building your defense.
- Violent crimes - Homicide and other violent criminal offenses are typically serious felonies, and convictions can result in lengthy or even lifelong incarceration. We are prepared to aggressively defend your freedom.
- Drug charges: Those convicted of a drug offense in Flint, MI can face long sentences and a permanent criminal record. Our attorneys can defend your rights throughout your case.
- DUI: A DUI conviction can drastically affect your future. Whether you need defense from a DUI charge, help restoring your license, or to appeal your conviction, we can help.
- Domestic violence, child abuse and neglect: Domestic violence and abuse offenses are complex. These cases can be prosecuted as misdemeanors or felonies, depending on a number of factors. No matter the case, we can serve as your representation in jurisdiction trials, termination trials, and review hearings.
- Assault & Battery: These charges cover a variety of criminal actions, and the punishments can be harsh under Michigan law. If you are facing an assault & battery charge, we can represent you throughout your case.
- Malicious Property Destruction: Whether you're facing an arson, vandalism, or home invasion charge, a conviction in Michigan can be devastating. If you are charged with a property offense, reach out to us right away.
Regardless of the nature of the crime, you can rely on our defense attorneys to treat you with the professionalism you deserve. We can help you navigate the Michigan legal system and protect your rights.
What Are the Potential Punishments & Consequences?
Accusing yourself of a crime, even a misdemeanor, can have serious consequences that will follow you for the rest of your life. This is why it is crucial to fight any charges brought against you as soon as they arise. If you are convicted at all, a Flint criminal defense lawyer can help you avoid some of the most serious criminal penalties.
The following penalties can be imposed:
- Prison terms of days, weeks, or months
- Loss of time with family and friends
- Probation lasts from months to years
- You are restricted in what you can do and where you can travel
- The fines can be in the hundreds, thousands, or tens of thousands of dollars
- Rehabilitation ordered by the court
- Service in the community is mandatory
- Employment benefits and job loss
- Renting or living in public housing is no longer an option
- License revoked
- Loss of parental rights
- Visa, green card, or citizenship denied; possible deportation
This list is not comprehensive, nor is it universally applicable. Obviously, not every crime entails all of these penalties. Some only result in a few; and if you're not convicted, you may not face any penalties at all. In retaining a Flint criminal defense attorney, you'll be taking the first steps toward avoiding the most severe penalties.
Contact a Criminal Defense Attorney in Flint, Michigan to Get Started on Your Case Today!
Our Flint criminal defense lawyers are here to help you every step of the way. Get in contact with us today! Visit our criminal lawyer reviews to see why clients choose us when they need the best criminal defense attorneys in Flint, MI.
In the time we have been in practice, we have earned a reputation for putting our clients first. Your success is our priority and we do whatever possible to prevent a conviction. You can count on our defense attorneys to be here for you when you need us.
Over 40 Years of Experience
Skilled Local Representation