Flint Family Law Attorneys
Representing Families Across the State
At CFlegal, PC, we believe everyone is entitled to strong legal representation when they need it. This is especially true for cases involving matters of family law, where the crisis at hand hits close to home and often involves both emotional and physical variables. For these situations, we take a compassionate approach that focuses on more than just the facts of the case. Our focus is on you, our client. The strategy we develop is designed to both protect your wellbeing and preserve any relationships you wish to salvage in the process.
We’re here to ensure that you have an ally acting in your best interests throughout your case. To learn more, we invite you to call us at (810) 292-3115. Your first consultation is free and completely confidential.
About Our Divorce and Family Law Services
Confronting a legal matter that involves any aspect of your family should be done with guidance from a professional. At CFlegal, PC that’s exactly what you’ll get. Backed by 35+ years of experience, our lawyers are prepared to help you preserve the stability of your life while making changes for the better. Our services include but are not limited to:
- Asset division – Dividing assets and transferring property in a divorce can be complicated, especially for high-value assets and for those who are business owners. The CFlegal, PC team can help protect you and your belongings throughout the process.
- Child custody – Establishing custody should be done in the circuit court of the county where your child has lived with you (or their other parent) for the last six months or more. Beginning a child custody case involves completing several documents, all of which we can assist with.
- Child support – Although there are do-it-yourself tools to get a child support order or motion for a change, the process can be complicated, emotional, and drawn out, especially if your ex lives in another state. We can help you establish, enforce, or modify a support order that best suits the needs of you and your child(ren).
- Divorce – Michigan is a no-fault divorce state, which means neither you nor your partner need to provide a reason for the divorce. While this helps to simplify the initial stage of the divorce process, you’ll still want a lawyer who can guide you through the process of serving papers, splitting property, and protecting assets.
- Legal separation – Also referred to as “separate maintenance,” this is an alternative to divorce for those who aren’t ready to formally end the marriage for whatever reason. Pursuing a separate maintenance plan will allow you to do almost all the same things as a divorce: divide property, assets, and debt; establish child custody and support; create a parenting time plan; and even award spousal support when necessary.
- Prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements – You can use a prenuptial or post-nuptial agreement to protect your right to certain property and assets in the event of a divorce or separation. Prenuptial agreements are established and finalized prior to the marriage whereas postnuptial agreements are established and enforced during the marriage. We can help with both.
- Property division – In Michigan, marital property (property acquired by you and your spouse during the marriage) will be divided fairly. However, “fair” does not necessarily mean “equal,” especially if other factors like debt are at play. To protect your best interests and preserve property that’s near and dear to you, talk to a lawyer.
- Spousal support and maintenance – There is no formula you can use to determine if you are entitled to spousal support, or if you’ll have to pay spousal support. These matters are decided on a case-by-case basis. When spousal support is awarded the judge will enter a special order known as the Uniform Spousal Support Order (USSO) stating the terms of the award, i.e. how much will be paid and for how long. Given the complexity of these cases and what’s riding on them, you’ll want an attorney on your side to advocate for your best interests.
To schedule a free, confidential consultation with a Flint family lawyer from our team, call (810) 292-3115 or submit an online contact form here.
Your Case Starts with a Free and Confidential Consultation
When confronting a family law matter of any nature, emotions run high. We know this from firsthand experience. More importantly, we know how to approach these cases in a way that keeps things as neutral as possible to preserve your mental and emotional wellbeing. Whether your case can be handled out of court through a means of alternative dispute resolution like mediation or arbitration, or it requires litigation, we will provide the support and guidance you need at every stage of the process.
Put your mind at ease by connecting with a legal team that will act in your best interest from start to finish of your case.
What Sets CFlegal, PC. Apart?
Over 40 Years of Experience
Skilled Local Representation